Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Julep Taylor vs Sally Hansen's Pacific Blue

I received Julep's Taylor in my first Maven box.  This is my first experience with Julep and was a little hesitant given some of the bad press about the program, and I am not a fan of the rectangular bottles.  That said, this color was beautiful.  It was opaque in just 2 coats and dried somewhat plastic looking, the topcoat made it shine.  Taylor was a little gloppy and had a few issues with streaking, but once the topcoat was applied the streaks were less visible.  This is two coats of Taylor with 1 coat of nubar Diamont.

As I was admiring it on my nails, I was trying to figure out what color it reminded me of.  It is a slightly more purple version of Sally Hansen's Pacific Blue.  SH Pacific Blue is a favorite of mine in summer, I might have to think my decision through a little more to figure out which one to go with.  Which one do you like better?


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm liking Julep's Taylor slightly better. It's the littlest bit darker, which does it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pretty happy with Taylor's removal, it didn't look like I molested a smurf! Pacific Blue makes a little mess.

    However for $18 vs $2 I might deal with the mess if I didn't have both.

    ReplyDelete